Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sent - Global Encounter 2012 [Projects]

The Video

I had 2 videos to create for Global Encounter this summer.  The first was a goofy intro video to get the students (hopefully) laughing and in a good mood for the opening service of the week (you can check it out here).  The second was a more serious video conveying the overal theme of the week, which is what I'm going to talk about here.




The Plan


Brad Russell (College Pastor at FBCA and one of planners for Global Encounter) wrote up a script for the video.  My job was to give it some motion and energy.  He showed me a Dan Stevers video to give me an idea of what he was looking for.

The way I went about building this video was basically this:

  1. Find and cut down audio
  2. Determine length of each "slide" or set of words
  3. Throw it in after effects and come up with a transition for each "slide"
This actually worked pretty well, but the end result doesn't really have a lot of continuity.

The effect I used for all of the flying particles is called CC Particle World.  I'm relatively new to the effect, but after researching a whole lot about it I've found it to be really powerful for an effect built right into After Effects.


Audio


For this video I actually went through a couple different songs before I landed on a song called Divine Knowledge I found on SoundCloud.  The original song is almost two minutes long, so I ended up cutting it down to just over 1 minute.

Closing Notes


I still found it very difficult to work with music and After Effects.  I tried to use some strategies from one of Dan Stevers' tutorials but I still found it to be difficult to get that tight audio video connection that I'm used to in Final Cut Pro.

My wife actually came up with the idea of stubbing the whole video out in Final Cut Pro beforehand with just simple text and then using that video as a template in After Effects.  I'm excited about trying this one out on my next video, and I might try to make a tutorial on it if it really works for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://asacol-mesalamine.webs.com/]buy Salofalk
[/url] purchase pentasa online
apriso buy
asacol 800 mg online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/pentasa-mesalamine/]Rowasa buy
[/url] Lialda buy
buy rowasa
buy asacol online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://rebetol-online.webs.com/]rebetol buy online
[/url] rebetol 200 mg online
purchase rebetol
order rebetol online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buy-methylprednisolone.webspawner.com/]medrol e sciatica
[/url] what is methylprednisolone 16 mg used for
medrol sweating
buying Medrol 8 mg