Saturday, August 6, 2011

New Name, New Blog, New Chapter In My Life

It's been a while since I last posted here.  In my last post I said I would write a review of my CR-48 Chromebook within two weeks.  That was March 7.  It is already August, and a lot has happened in the last 5 months.  I am now a graduate of Southwest Baptist University,  I got a job as a programmer analyst at a company in St. Louis called Gateway EDI, I'm coming up on 2 months married, and I've moved into a new apartment.

All of these changes mark a very distinct new chapter in my life.  I think it's only appropriate that my blog changes as well.  In trying to come up with a name, I thought about what I want this blog to be.  For some, a blog is like a public journal where they talk about what they do in their day to day lives.  For others it's a way to communicate new fresh ideas to a community that is interested in the same things they are.  As I am neither a middle school girl nor a very smart person, neither of these approaches are very useful.

After giving it some thought (the little that I have), I've decided to use this blog to document my ongoing stumbling through life.  Dictionary.com defines the word stumble with this: to discover or meet with accidentally or unexpectedly.  This blog will be a great place for me to share all the random things I've stumbled across on the internet, or just life in general.

Hopefully, I can muster up the motivation to post here regularly.  The only hope I have is that my wife (yes, somebody married me) is soon going to get tired of my constant ramblings about how IE6 is far more damaging to the country than any debt ceiling, and my constant drooling over every new thing Google comes up with.  Maybe, just maybe, I'll give her a break and write it down in this blog to be read by somebody who accidentally ends up here on a bad Google search.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Do you really think google would make a mistake like linking someone to your page?

Dan Litz said...

Thine words spring forth life from the fountains of the deep where your heart dwells upholding the earth as pillars